Friday, January 9, 2015

Books I got for Christmas

photo credit: pinterest
I know it is a little past Christmas, but I didn't have the chance to any photogrpahy, and I just found time to show you the books I got (as gifts) for Christmas

Disclaimer: none of this was purchased with my own money, all the books were purchased by family and close friends as Christmas gifts.



I got a total of 5 books for Christmas. I know it isn't as many as you might have thought, but, since book prices in Greece are sky-high, I am grateful for getting those 5 books.


The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4) by Richelle Mead


I have currently started reading this book, and let me tell you something: Sydrian gives me major feels. I am so pumped about finishing the series, and I've set a goal of reading the 5 books that have been published before the 6th and final installment - The Ruby Circle - is published (February 10th 2015). I feel like I'm doing well with it, but even if I don't make it. it's completely fine. I love this series (and the series before that, Vampire Academy) I actually find myself inside Sydney (obsessed with my weight, extremely organised) and I am so happy that my favourite author has included anorexia in her books, when a tiny percentage of authors mention it, even though it is one of the most common problems teenagers face. Richelle (I hate calling authors by their last names) has tackled this subject perfectly, through Adrian Ivashkov. Hands down, he might be a little bit cocky and an a-hole, but he is one of the most inspiring characters of all time. Not only because of the way he treats the people that matter to him, but because of his personal development. I am not going to go in depth with this (because this is not supposed to be a review of the book) but I have to tell you; Adrian Ivashkov is the person that helped me think about recovering from my eating disorders. I know it sounds weird and bizarre, but because I relate to Sydney and her eating disorder so much, whatever Adrian says to her and advises her subconciously grows on me as well. It is amazing, what books can do...

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas



Throne Of Glass was an incredible book. Due to it being set in a completely unique world, there is a lot of world-building, so the first book is kind of slow. However, it will not disappoint you, trust me. Also, let's talk about how much of a kickass character Celaena Sardothien is. She freaking beat every man in there, without even putting the most of her effort, and while having to worry about a killer. This only shows what an amazing character she is. Also, can we please talk about freaking Chaol. I ship him so hard with Celaena, like they are meant to be. I quite like Dorian as well, but let's face it; a prince and an assassin don't really match, do they?


The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R.Tolkien

 




Now, I am a complete noob when it comes to LoTR. I only know that it is set in the Middle Earth, and that it has to do with a ring. I never even watched the films, mainly because I wanted to read he books first. My godmother, being a hardcore LoTR fan, had made a deal with me; if I ever decided to go ahead and read the books she would buy them for me. So, when I went up to her and asked her if she could lend me the book (which she only has in the Collector's edition) she immediately opened an Amazon page, and said "I always knew this day would come". I am actually very excited to read LoTR because Tolkien (what is his first name anyway?) is basically the father of fantasy.


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7) by J.K. Rowling




What is there to say about DH? I haven't read it yet (duh), but the movies were amazing. I just want to point out that Joanne's writing can get dull at some points, which is why it takes me up to 2 months to read a Harry Potter book. I am currently reading Half-Blood Prince (which I didn't take a photo of because it was in my school bag downstairs), and I had to take a break from it. Apart from that, everything is amazing.




I hope you enjoyed this blog post.
Maybe tell me which are your favourite books? I'd love to hear new suggestions about books :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment